Treasurer-Elect Magaziner Names Transition Committee
Treasurer-Elect Seth Magaziner today announced the formation of his Transition Committee.
Marie Langlois, Chair of the RI Foundation Investment Committee and Roy Coulombe, Business Manager for Ironworkers Local 37 will serve as the committee’s co-chairs.
The following people will also serve on Magaziner’s Transition Committee:
- Antonio Barajas, MD, Internal and Emergency Medicine; long time community leader
- Ned Handy, President and Chief Operating Officer, The Washington Trust Company
- Rajiv Kumar, MD, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, ShapeUp, Inc.
- Andy Posner, Founder and President, Capitol Good Fund
- Bob Walsh, Executive Director, National Education Association Rhode Island
- Laurie White, President, Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
Magaziner also named Katie Nee Zambrano as the director of his Transition Committee. Following a formal admission ceremony later this month, Nee Zambrano will be an attorney at the law firm of Harrington & Vitale. Her previous work includes serving as Regional Political Director at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and as Chief of Staff to Congressman Don Cazayoux (D-LA).
“I am honored that this accomplished and talented group of individuals has agreed to advise me in the coming weeks as I prepare to take office,” said Magaziner. “Each member of my transition team brings a diverse set of skills and experiences that will help me to build the most talented Treasury staff possible and hit the ground running to create good paying jobs, maximize returns on our pension investments, and ensure all Rhode Islanders have access to quality, affordable banking services.”